Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lunar New Year Day #3

I have been a busy little bee this weekend!  Yesterday I sewed this little tote bag.  I adjusted the pattern from Cute Stuff and added a lining.  I also used some fusible batting.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I LOVE the fabric.  It's Japanese fabric I bought from a local sewing store.





I also made a drawstring pouch for my nephew Reed.  I was talking to my sister after I made the last drawstring bag and she mentioned making one for him to keep drawing stuff in.  I just so happened to have crayon fabric.  It is just normal weight cotton I got in a fat quarter pack from Joann Fabric.  I used some fusible interfacing to make it more durable.  The only thing it needs is the drawstrings.  I need to run to the store to pick more up.  Then I need to make some more for my other nephews.



The other item I made yesterday was a little pyramid bag.  I found the tutorial at nicolemdesign.  I have been looking at trying this pattern for almost a year, but just never got to it.  I like it a lot.  When I do the next one I think I'll add the loop at the top.  It needs something to hold onto when you are pulling on the zipper.


No comments:

Post a Comment