Friday, May 6, 2011

Children's Day Softies

On Monday I made the mistake of asking the kids what they wanted for Children's Day.  I suggested a nice pencil case or drawstring bag.  That was no good for them!  They started shouting out animals.  Not dog or cat, oh, no... they wanted an eagle, a turtle, a squirrel, alligator, rabbit, and a hammerhead shark.  The thing you've got to know about me is that my students have me wrapped around their little fingers.  If they want a hammerhead shark, I'll just have to figure out a way to make one!  Here they are:


 Most people thought the eagle looked like a penguin :( 
I think it looks like an eagle!
 










In the morning one of my favorite little girls came into my room while I was closing up the softies.  She thought it was a raw deal that she didn't get one.  I asked her what she'd like and she told me a "sea tar" (starfish) that was fuzzy on one side and rainbow on the other.  So, I told her I would make one over the weekend.  She spent the entire day talking about it.  Then, right after school she was in my room to check on my progress.  She REALLY didn't want to wait for her "sea tar" until Monday.  So, I whipped one up for her while she was at her after school activity.  Here are the pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment